Cascina Boschetti Gomba – Roero Arneis DOCG
Seashells and sand are key to Roero Arneis. The best Roero Arneis wines taste like white melon generously sprinkled with sea salt. It’s a nice combination: you get the fruit up front, but the saltiness makes it a great food wine and fresh in the summer. Roero is just across the Tanaro River from Barolo and was underwater 70,000 years ago lending the perfect soil to produce Barolo quality white varietals.
- Varietal: 100% Arneis
- Alcohol Content: 13.5%
- Country Hierarchy: Roero, Piedmont, Italy
- Color: Bright straw yellow.
- On the Nose: Fresh and fruity.
- Palate: Smooth, delicate, with a slightly bitter aftertaste.
- Serving Suggestions: Fish and shellfish dishes.